Bits and pieces from our lives. We're off on an adventure around the world, so this blog is meant to keep us connected to our friends here and there.
Friday, November 2, 2007
What a day
Wow, so today just kept getting better and better. I had my anatomy lab this morning, that was fine. It's actually a nice break to do something different, get away from the kids, house, errands routine. But then this afternoon I went and picked Caleb up from school and apparently he didn't have a very good day. It's always tough when you walk in to pick up your kid and the teacher has to tell you about how they threw a lego at someones head, and kicked another friend and threw a tantrum, nice. Then the whole way home he was crying/whining about stuff and shout anytime someone tried to talk to him. So once we got home I said straight to your and take a rest before soccer practice. Well, he started being nice again so I let him out and told he and Ellie they could watch a kids show so I could lay down for a few minutes. 20 minutes later I emerge to a big mess on the floor, little bit of paper all over. No a big deal, they had just been having fun cutting up paper scraps. Well, as I start to sweep up I see a few little pieces of hair and I'm like "okay, who cut their hair?" Caleb immediately answers "Ellie did." I go over and look and sure enough she has done her own layering, little chucks here and there. The more I look at it and brush through it the more falls to the floor. Then to make matters worse, I find more hair over by Caleb and look at his head and sure enough 3 big bald spots! AND they have soccer pictures tomorrow! Nice, real nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
ugh.. no. way. That really really stinks. But, I have to say, we need pictures! :)
That sucks!!!! I am so sorry!!!! Good luck with pictures :)
Oh NO! That is so awful! I am in denial that any of my kids will ever do this! But seriuosly it happens to so many people so I am scared! I am sorry for your bad day!
Oh man! Sounds like what happened to my sister when she was around Ellie's age. She had SUPER long hair and my brother cut ALL of it off. She had to get a BOB cut when it was all said and done. My mom cried and cried. That really sucks though. Sounds like you had a FANTASTIC day ha ha.
Ok so I have not been able to stop laughing about that article so you have GOT to get me a copy of it...email me or something because that my friend, is HILARIOUS! I LOVE that stuff though...honestly I love that whole era. It is just funny to think that housewives actually DID things like that and idolized their husbands the way they did. Im sure Shane would prefer me to be a little more like that ha ha...not gonna happen!
Yikes! I'm not looking forward to those days! I already have to keep every pen, pair of scissors, etc. up high. You need to take some pictures so we can see their new hair cuts!
That's funny, but not.... I think my sister came home from school when she was in Kindergarten and had cut all the hairs that had fallen out of her ponytail. My mom still freaks out when we chop our long hair off. You definitely need to post pictures!
this is something i'm dreading/anticipating and i've been doing it for a while. whitney's got short hair and loves getting her haircut and loves sissors and i know at least 3 other people who this exact thing has happened to. i'm so sorry! ahh, the joys of being a mom!
Rachel, I saw your link on Eleisha's blog. What a darling family! I also noticed you are working on a nursing degree! That's so funny because I am thinking about it too. Send me an email. I'd love to catch up.
kzollinger@gmail.com
Post a Comment