Thursday, February 7, 2008

Coconut Chicken Curry

Here's that reccipe:

INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - chopped
2 potatoes, cubed
1 1/2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
2 cups chicken stock (can use water and 2 cubes bouillon)
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook until tender. Mix in the chicken, and cook 10 minutes, or until juices run clear.
Pour in the coconut milk, mix in curry powder, garlic salt, cayenne, sugar, lemon juice into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low.
In a small pot bring chicken stock to a boil, add potatoes, cook till tender (not mushy), about 10 min.
Add potatoes (and as much of the stock to be the desired consistency) to chicken/onion/sauce mixture, heat on low for another 15 minutes.
Serve over rice

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to try it...yum!

Heather Guymon said...

eh hem..........UPDATE woman UPDATE!

Ok so not all of us can be addicted to blogging as I am, but still, you HAVE to have SOMETHING fun to say! Tell an Ellie/Caleb story! I love those!

Ok, I will stop begging now! LOL

Rachel said...

I know, every time I open my browser I think, "oh, I should write something." Then I think "that will just take a little more effort thank I am willing to put forward :)