Thursday, June 25, 2009

Guess where we're going?





That's right! Australia! Melbourne to be exact.
And guess what? This ain't no vacation!
You heard me right- I know this is the first some of you have heard about this, for a select few, it's old news. Chris was offered a transfer with his company to the Melbourne office and we've decided to go! We'll leave in January next year (2010) and stay for...as long as we want- we're kind of planning on 3-5 years. I'm totally excited and a little nervous. We're going to miss our family and friends like crazy! But what an awesome opportunity!
Now although we will be based out of Melbourne, he may end up working with any of the Asia Pacific clients, so we could end up living somewhere like Singapore, Malaysia or even China or Japan for a while. Chris and I are typically home-bodies who like to put down roots, so this will be a real challange, but also a really exciting adenture.
Don't worry I plan on keeping up with my blog (hopefully better than I have for the last few months!) and employing all the technology to keep in touch with everybody on this side of the world- email, IM, Skype are going to be my new best friends! Can't wait to fill you all in on our adventures! For now we are just thinking about how to deal with all our stuff here. We're planning on selling most of it, storing a bit of it and of course taking some with us. I'm just glad we have 6 months to get ready!




13 comments:

The Childs Family said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH...SO EXCITED FOR Y'ALL!

Janet said...

it's official!! we'll miss you guys so bad!

Selene said...

Awesome! What a great experience!

Rachel said...

That is so cool! You will make some great memories!

Monson Family said...

We miss you already just thinking about it! Ummmm, can I be notified of what you are selling!?! You have such cute stuff!! :)

Rachel said...

Haha! Yes Lanae- I'm planning a BIG garage sale Jul 11- Maybe I'll make the 10th a friends preview day :)

Aubrey said...

I need to get planning a trip immediately. I have always wanted to go to Australia.

MaryAnn said...

This is awesome! Your kids will fit right in too. Now you are a real globtrotter. Whoohoo!

Emily said...

That is so awesome!! What an incredible opportunity! My grandparents served a mission in Sidney and loved it and I'm sure you will too!

jeni said...

Sounds like a great adventure!! We will miss you!

Sarah Beck said...

Awesome Awesome Rachel!!! I'm SO excited for you. I have to laugh at those Ugg boots because everyone here in Fargo has those for the winter--and it ain't no Australia up here :) I think adventures are great (maybe because we've moved a lot in the past 7 years). I wonder if your kids will pick up a cute Aussie accent?

Anonymous said...

You guys are going to have such fun! And so am I when I come to visit you!

robert said...

Rachel--
sorry this is sarah's little sister, Laura! I sometimes check out her old roommates blogs! Thats exciting you guys are moving. My husband is going to start working for BHP Billiton (an australian company) next week. Its kind of our dream to live abroad! I am assuming your husband works for an oil company b/c melbourne is an oil place. Who knows, maybe our lives will cross. Enjoy the ride! That is super exciting for you all!