Thursday, October 22, 2009

Down for the Count

Things are really starting to come together with all our projects around here! Chris has taken the rest of October off work so that he can finish up the attic. The sheetrock guys have been here all week and now we have walls up there! I know this may not sound all that exciting, but after 9 months of construction this is a HUGE step for us, it's the beginning of the end. Once they finish up it's just a matter of painting and doing the other finish work (connecting lights, baseboards, etc). I am so excited, but of course sad I won't be able to enjoy it for long. We're planning on listing our house for sale as soon as the attic is finished. I still have some painting projects that I need to finish before then- I have to neutralize some of our bright colors.
Then it's on to packing. We have a load of stuff that we're going to take up to my parents at Thanksgiving and everything else is either coming with us or being sold.
I have to say I think we are all having mixed feelings about this move. For the most part I am super excited. But I am also getting a little sad. I'm really sad to be leaving two things 1- friends, 2- my house. I'm not sad, scared about anything else, I'm totally excited to explore a new place and have some new adventures. The kids are moving into a new phase of understanding that we're leaving. Caleb was really mad the other day about not being able to have the attic anymore. He said "we can't move, especially when Dad does something really nice like build an attic for us." I know they'll be fine, it'll be a good experience for them, but it's a little sad to see them upset about leaving the only home they really remember.

4 comments:

esherman10 said...

I can't believe how soon you'll be moving! Good luck getting all your projects done...too bad I'm not closer so I could help you out.

Selene said...

I want to see some more photos of the attic renovation.
And I already miss you since I never see you because we quit karate. Poor me.

Aubrey said...

I still can't believe you are moving. I can't wait to come visit!

Monson Family said...

I KNOW!!!! I am starting to get sad about it already! Bunco night (among other things) will never be the same! Who will get so excited about a roll off with me!?! Pappasito's will never be the same. Midnight Twilight movies! SO much fun! I am not liking this! But I know I am being selfish!! Sure it will be fun for you guys; but what about us!?! :) I can't wait to see the finished product of your attic! It is amazing!!!!