I know everyone says the same thing... but where did time go? Truman is 6 weeks old today and it's true what they say- you really don't start feeling like yourself until about now.
Mom was here for the first 2 weeks and was an amazing help. She took over everything, all I had to do was feed and snuggle with my new baby. And he certainly is a snuggler. He LOVES to be held! That is his happy place; held tight, with his pacifier in his mouth and preferably holding onto your fingers with both hands.
I pretty much spent weeks 3-5 locked away in the house. I was still recovering and then as soon as I started feeling better, Chris and I both got sick. Having a newborn and being sick is NOT a good combination- getting up 2 or 3 times in the night makes it really hard to recover. But we finally made through and now we are a like a normal family!
The kids absolutely adore Truman. They are big enough to be my little helpers- giving him back his paci, or listening for him to wake up while I'm in the shower. Ellie even wants to change a diaper, but that's a little beyond her ability at this stage. Every time I give him a bath she is right there by my side, it's her job to wash his belly and his feet and then to get him dressed afterward. Caleb insists that Truman is going to look just like him when he gets bigger and can't wait for the day when he can teach him all that he knows!
Here are a few pics to catch you up:
Mom was here for the first 2 weeks and was an amazing help. She took over everything, all I had to do was feed and snuggle with my new baby. And he certainly is a snuggler. He LOVES to be held! That is his happy place; held tight, with his pacifier in his mouth and preferably holding onto your fingers with both hands.
I pretty much spent weeks 3-5 locked away in the house. I was still recovering and then as soon as I started feeling better, Chris and I both got sick. Having a newborn and being sick is NOT a good combination- getting up 2 or 3 times in the night makes it really hard to recover. But we finally made through and now we are a like a normal family!
The kids absolutely adore Truman. They are big enough to be my little helpers- giving him back his paci, or listening for him to wake up while I'm in the shower. Ellie even wants to change a diaper, but that's a little beyond her ability at this stage. Every time I give him a bath she is right there by my side, it's her job to wash his belly and his feet and then to get him dressed afterward. Caleb insists that Truman is going to look just like him when he gets bigger and can't wait for the day when he can teach him all that he knows!
Here are a few pics to catch you up:
5 days old
8 days old
2 weeks old
2 weeks
3 weeks old
4 weeks old
5 weeks old
As it goes I started this post when Truman was 6 weeks old, well now he's 7 weeks old and even cuter! He was blessed at church on Sunday and he was so sweet all day.
Blessing Day- 6 1/2 weeks old
7 weeks old
7 weeks old










5 comments:
So cute!
Time does go really fast! I am happy that you guys have him in your family! Congrats again!
cute.......
Such a little cutie! I wish time would slow down a little, too...
WOW he looks like your kids. I can so see a family resemblence. Adorable.
Post a Comment