Sunday, September 23, 2007

Our weekend without Daddy

So yesterday the kids let me sleep till 9:30! Amazing, huh? Of course from 7:30 it was off and on every half hour or so (I had to get up to turn on cartoons, get cereal bars and mediate a couple fights) but still, that's pretty nice!
After I got the lawn mowed we went to a baby shower, which was fun, till we had to leave with Caleb kicking and screaming. He lost his privilege to have cake because he freaked out about not getting the exact piece he wanted. That child needs to learn to cope with dissappointment.
Later we went and looked at Halloween costumes. Caleb says he either wants to be corn, Spiderman or a king. I don't know where he got the corn idea, he just told me how funny he thought it would be. But when we got to the costume place, he wasn't even interested in Spiderman, of course they didn't have corn and the king costume they had was for adults. Strike-out, we'll try again next weekend when Daddy is back to help.
The kids spent most of the afternoon drawing pictures, then asking me to make them into paper airplanes, which of course, is not my forte. Caleb kept asking me "how come you keep making them the all the exact same?" Sorry buddy, that's the only kind I know how to make!
This morning we had a nice lazy morning, I made pancakes and they finished their drawings from Saturday. Church was not as bad as I had expected (trying to keep them under control without Chris there to help). They actually were pretty good.
I let them watch Superman Returns this afternoon. They really like the parts when Superman is...actually being Superman (flying or rescueing somebody) but during those other parts (which is a good chunk of the movie) they got pretty bored and wandered off. Poor Ellie was really genuinely concerned for Superman at the end. I kept assuring her that he would be okay, but you could see that she was pretty upset. Poor little dear.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course he wants to be corn! He is the offspring of the orignal cornbaby! Love,Lara

Heather Guymon said...

I still laugh over that corn idea. Thats the funniest thing ive ever heard Rachel! Too cute!

Monson Family said...

Your kids are too cute! They have the funniest/sweetest personalities! 9:30! NICE! Good job for dealing with everything this weekend! Mowing the lawn and everything! I am impressed!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rach--Yesterday my friend was showing me some costume ideas in her Parents magazine and her favorite was actually a corn costume! The corn part was made with egg cartons painted yellow... it was actually kinda cute. Made me think of you.

Rachel said...

Eleisha- I saw that, but it looked like a lot of work to re-create multiple times (school, haloween party and trick-or-treating). It was totally cute though!