Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Let's Play Catch.....

....Up

I know I've been MIA, and I really have no good excuse! So I'll take this chance to play catch up and blog about as much as I can remember from the last month (we'll see how far I get!)

Okay jump back to the end of May, please. Caleb finished up preschool and had graduation, so cute! He's gotten so smart this year and learned so much. He reads all the time (okay, we have to force him to read books, but he's always reading signs out the car window, car parts and models from his video game and other random stuff that always surprises me). Anyway here are a few pictures of smarty pants at his preschool graduation!


Kaiya, Ms. Laura, Noah and Caleb

Mama and "God's Little Warrior" - they all got these little t-shirts
and Caleb wore his for 4 days straight!

Caleb and his proud little sister

Onto the lazy month of June:


summer afternoon painting nails in the hammock

The kids did swim lessons for the first 2 weeks of June. they both really improved. I was pleasantly surprised.

Ellie is fearless, so she'll just take off in the water. They try and teach the freestyle stroke. When she swims underwater she can make it about 7 feet on her own. But if you tell her to do freestyle, move her arms and take breaths then she just flails around. Oh well, she'll get it.


Caleb used to be so terrified of even putting his face in the water. Now he is totally swimming on his own! I'm so proud of him. He's wearing a life jacket here, because they did water and boat safety on the last day.

On Monday they started another session of lessons. This time it last 4 weeks and they go 2 days a week. I'm excited to see how much they learn this time!

this past weekend (4th of July) we went up to Dallas for Spencer's wedding (Chris's brother) but I'll put those pictures in another post, cause there are quite a few!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! A Rachel update! We missed you at our little roommate mini-reunion last week! Looks like you're having fun. Caleb looks so much like you!