Wednesday, December 9, 2009

He did it! ...and I helped a little too

The attic project is finally complete, well it has been for a couple weeks, but I'm just getting around to blogging about it. Chris started this monstrous project February 2009 and finished November 2009, adding 830 sq. feet to our house without changing the exterior/roofline at all!
Here are a few pictures of the process:

The first cut into the office wall downstairs. He had to move the door over to make room for the stairway. I was really nervous and kept asking "are you sure you know what you're doing?"

Before pic of the attic

You can see now the door is moved and there is a space for the stairs (previously a closet and 3 feet of our office)

And there are stairs! partially at least. This was an exciting day when we could get up there without a ladder.

So a lot happened before this picture, but I can't seem to find any photos. He did all the framing and laid all the plywood. As well as the plumbing before the insulation went in.

Putting in a window/skylight

Drywall guys came and spent a week up there and transformed it into a real space with real walls!

The beautiful finished staircase- I love this!

Bathroom

Bedroom

Game room

Now comes the sad part. It's finished, it's beautiful, and someone else is going to get to enjoy it. We're off to a new adventure!


8 comments:

esherman10 said...

Looks great! Nice job Chris!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! i am so impressed. It looks great.

Selene said...

He's a genius! Amazing job.

Heather Guymon said...

OH my gosh it looks beautiful! If only I had about another 200k to spend...I would have bought your house! LOL

I have always loved your house but now it's amazing!

Camille said...

Good job Chris! I'm impressed. Very talented.

Emily said...

That is incredible!

Unknown said...

Seriously...I'm so impressed! I'm sad I never got to visit you in your beautiful house! Can't wait to hear about your new adventure, though!

MaryAnn said...

I wish I could buy your house and transport it to Cali. It's beautiful!