Monday, July 5, 2010

Brrrrr......

Well, it's cold.... Maybe not cold compared to what some of you experience in your version of winter, but we're cold. It usually starts out around 40 and may get up to 45 or 50 throughout the day. Now that I've typed that out doesn't sound very cold. But when we are out walking and turn a corner and that wind hits me in the face I just have to remember that other people have it worse. But then I think about it being summer in the U.S and all my friends hanging out at the pool and I just want to scream...or go on vacation.
Funny, I would have though moving to a foreign country would have really helped cure my travel bug, but it has really just made it worse! Being on this side of the world there are all these new options of places to visit and I feel like we need to take advantage while we live here. To name a few- Fiji, Thailand, Singapore, New Zealand, NE Australia (Great Barrier Reef). That's a lot of traveling to do! There are lots of cool places right here in Victoria that we could do on weekend trips, but the problem there is that I don't really want to go anywhere in the winter unless it's going to be warm, which knocks out any weekend trips. Every couple weeks I get the bug and I get online to find deals to Fiji or Cairns, but then a weekend getaway turns into a week long trip and costing way more than we want to spend. We'll see if I can make it through the winter. Don't be too surprised though if all of a sudden I posting pictures from the beach because I just got major cabin fever!

In other news, I haven't been spending ALL my time dreaming about the summer. Last weekend the TV station I work for held our annual Antennae Awards- like the Emmy's but just for community TV, so way smaller scale :) So Chris and I got all dressed up and went to the awards- It was fun dressing up and going to something a little different. Sorry, I forgot to take any pictures of how cute we looked, so just imagine. Then this past weekend we got a sitter and I dragged Chris along with me to see Eclipse. Loved it! We saw it at the IMAX which was totally cool. I did however miss my girls- It was a little weird getting all girly about Jacob's hot body with my husband sitting there next to me :)
The kids are on school holidays for 2 weeks and since I am working now they got to go to holiday camp run by the after-school care program. They are having so much fun. They go out on a field trip almost every day. Today they went to a magic festival, last week they went mini-golfing and to the zoo. Tomorrow they are headed to the Chill Lounge- A restaurant/bar made totally of ice! They have been waiting for this one for a while now, we'll see if it's as fun as they think it's going to be! Chris is headed to Malaysia next week for work, needless to say I'm jealous, but he does have to work every day he's there, so it's not a vacation.

1 comment:

Sunny and Larry said...

Fun stuff! It has been so hot here I wish it would cool down!