I'm 36 weeks now and wondering how I'm going to make it another 4 weeks! I'm massive, as you'll see from the picture below :) and yes, only one baby. He's super active now, and big, every little nudge is totally noticeable. The kids left to poke around and make him squirm.
The one thing I will always remember about this time around is the ITCH!!! Around 28 weeks I started feeling really itchy and it just won't go away, I've been tested for the liver problem that can occur during pregnancy, no problem. I've tried antihistamines, lotions, etc. Nothing helps. It wouldn't be so bad except that it is even worse at night and keeps me up until 3am at least 4 nights a week. All I want is some decent sleep! It seems to come in waves. For 3 nights in a row I'll be up till sometime between 2 and 4am, then I'll get a reprieve for a night or two, then start all over again, ugh.
Let's see... some other things to note:
This little guy is particularly fond of the right side of my belly. The doctor told me today that his back is on the left side and his limbs are on the right. Funny though, at night I can lay on my right side and my big belly rests comfortably (as much as is possible) on the bed, but when I flip to the left side I have to use a pillow under my belly to prop it up.
I've been addicted to prenatal yoga this time around. At night when I'm lying in bed all itchy and frantic if I go do my 25 minute yoga video it will sometimes calm me down enough to help me get to sleep. I've been told that it will help prepare my body for the delivery, but I won't hold my breath that it's going to be any easier.
People always ask how the healthcare is different here in Australia. Rather than going to the same OB for every visit most people do half their visits at the hospital with an OB and the other half with their local GP that is specially trained to care for normal pregnancies. Also, they seem to be a bit more "hands off" - they don't weigh you at each visit, no internal exams (unless you go over your due date), my friend who had a baby here also said the actual delivery was more laid back as well. I remember there being tons of people in the delivery room, but she said just her, her husband, one nurse and one doctor were there.
What else.... food-wise I've been fairly normal since all the early pregnancy cravings/aversions. Though I have been known to polish off 6 or 7 mandarin oranges in one sitting, which doesn't help the heartburn situation.
Here's to 36 weeks pregnant! Ellie was my photographer, not bad. And yes I have an empty picture frame on the wall. The prints are sitting at the shop waiting for me to pick them up!

1 comment:
OH you look so great! I know I keep saying this but I cant wait to see this little guy! I know you are ready to be done, I was just there four months ago haha!
Post a Comment