It's been 10 days since my last post about getting it together. Well I have rocked it, if I do say so myself. I congratulated myself while talking to Chris the other day, "Don't you love how I've cooked dinner for 5 nights in a row?!" He had to agree that I had turned over a new leaf. Now, let's see if we can make it last.
Menu planning: Really simple- I chose 5 meals that I wanted to make (because chances are we'd have leftovers at least once and possibly eat out once). When deciding meals I took into account our weekly schedules. Since 10 year old Caleb plays tennis at 6-7 once a week I knew whatever I made that night had to either be a slow cooker meal ready to eat when we walked in the door at 7, or had to be ready to eat early.
Menu's for the last week and the rest of this week:
Tortellini with asparagus cream sauce
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Muchaka- Mexican egg dish with chorizo, onion, peppers, tortilla
Tomato Basil Soup, Olive Cheese Bread, corn on the cob
Mongolian Beef, Broccoli
Lasagna
Crock pot jumbalaya
stuffed flank steak
I even put them into my iPhone calendar so I would know ahead of time if something needed to be pulled out of the freezer or anything. I was even so on top of it (toot, tooting my own horn just a little) that on Sunday I thought, I'll go ahead a make the spaghetti sauce now, then on lasagna night it will be super easy. Yeah, I'm a rock star. (p.s.- did you notice how in love I am with the Pioneer Woman lately? She's got some awesome food, it's her fault if I get fat.)
I also got on top of the chores by creating a list of weekly chores and assigning them a day and do them (or die trying). Nothing on my list was overly difficult, each job could be done in 10 minutes or less.
I mentally made a list of daily chores, including at least one load of laundry a day and always having one of the 2 dishwasher drawers empty and ready to fill.
We'll see how I go, I'm loving it so far. Well, loving that my house isn't a disaster and I'm not a frantic mess at 5:30 when there's no food to eat.
On a side note. I skipped my run this morning. My right shin is killing me. I'm thinking I'll add a few days of yoga into my routine to strengthen/increase flexibility and hopefully that will help my knees/shins.
Menu planning: Really simple- I chose 5 meals that I wanted to make (because chances are we'd have leftovers at least once and possibly eat out once). When deciding meals I took into account our weekly schedules. Since 10 year old Caleb plays tennis at 6-7 once a week I knew whatever I made that night had to either be a slow cooker meal ready to eat when we walked in the door at 7, or had to be ready to eat early.
Menu's for the last week and the rest of this week:
Tortellini with asparagus cream sauce
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Muchaka- Mexican egg dish with chorizo, onion, peppers, tortilla
Tomato Basil Soup, Olive Cheese Bread, corn on the cob
Mongolian Beef, Broccoli
Lasagna
Crock pot jumbalaya
stuffed flank steak
I even put them into my iPhone calendar so I would know ahead of time if something needed to be pulled out of the freezer or anything. I was even so on top of it (toot, tooting my own horn just a little) that on Sunday I thought, I'll go ahead a make the spaghetti sauce now, then on lasagna night it will be super easy. Yeah, I'm a rock star. (p.s.- did you notice how in love I am with the Pioneer Woman lately? She's got some awesome food, it's her fault if I get fat.)
I also got on top of the chores by creating a list of weekly chores and assigning them a day and do them (or die trying). Nothing on my list was overly difficult, each job could be done in 10 minutes or less.
I mentally made a list of daily chores, including at least one load of laundry a day and always having one of the 2 dishwasher drawers empty and ready to fill.
We'll see how I go, I'm loving it so far. Well, loving that my house isn't a disaster and I'm not a frantic mess at 5:30 when there's no food to eat.
On a side note. I skipped my run this morning. My right shin is killing me. I'm thinking I'll add a few days of yoga into my routine to strengthen/increase flexibility and hopefully that will help my knees/shins.
No comments:
Post a Comment