I promise this is the end of posting about this trip (I'll be finished just in time to start in on our next trip in June!).
One thing I had heard about that I absolutely wanted to try was the fish spa in Singapore. They have them in lots of Southeast Asia (and a few other places as well). So there is this kind of fish (sometimes called Doctor fish) and they like to eat the dead skin cells, but leave the good healthy skin alone. Gross, huh? They start you off with the smallest fish, to get you used to it, then you can move on to the bigger fish. The little ones are super ticklish, it really does take some getting used to! Ellie didn't think she'd be able to handle it :) When I finally moved on to the bigger fish I wasn't sure I could stay- it doesn't really hurt, but at the same time you really have a sense of being eaten alive!
One afternoon we went out to Sentosa Island. It's an Island just off the coast of Singapore and it's a perfect weekend city getaway from Singapore. In a country that is really just one big city, I can see why it's such a popular destination. It's full of beautiful gardens and views and beautifully maintained in a Disneyland kind of way.
Everywhere you go there is fun art to look at, this extended fountain is called the Merlion Walk as it leads up to the huge Merlion, a Singaporean landmark.
At the Merlion
Showing off that pregnant belly at about 5 months
Snake charmers
And finally a cool treat at the end of a long hot day!
We had such a great time on our Kuala Lumpur/Singapore trip. I feel so lucky to get a chance to see this side of the world while we are over here!








No comments:
Post a Comment