Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

Today we made the trek out to Marble Falls to the pumpkin patch, and it was totally worth the drive. We all had a blast. As soon as we got there the kids ran all over finding different types/sizes of pumpkins. So every 20 seconds it was "oh, mama, look at this one." Very cute how they get so excited over the smallest things.

They got to pet and feed some of the farm animal which for Ellie was the highlight of the week. She LOVES animals. Seriously, we had to drag her away from the goats, and that was after lounging at the picnic table while she spent the whole time finding little leaves, stick or uneaten PBJ to feed them (I'm sure they loved it). Chris and I were pretty excited to see a goat climb a tree! I have to say that my personal favorite was the corn maze. We just went to the "kids" maze, but I had I known how much fun it was we probably would have gone to the big one. It was pretty obvious right away that Caleb inherited Chris's good sense of direction. He seemed to know exactly where he was going at every turn. Then there was Ellie who just ran and when she got to a fork in the path just went to the left. Every time! I can't say I was much better. Caleb and I broke away from Chris and Ellie to try and sneak up on them, but I just got us lost. At one point Caleb says to me "Mama, I don't think this is a path." He was right, what are you gonna do? Either you got it or you don't!
Overall a tiring, but fun day.

3 comments:

Sarah Beck said...

I love pumpkin patches. I LOVE the fall, it's my favourite season of the year (and not just because my birthday's in the fall). I hope wherever we're moving to in May, it'll be some place with a pumpkin patch, my kids love going every year.

Lyndsee Bates said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun, it is a great place to go! Glad to see a goat climbing a tree too! Lovely!!!!

Colleen said...

That is HILARIOUS that the goat climbed the tree! I didn't know they could do that! I need to go out there. I haven't been this year!