Yesterday we hosted a little Christmas party for our church friends (moms and kids). It turned out to be super-fun. The kids had a blast. Caleb and Ellie were so excited that everyone was coming to their house, they ran to answer the door as soon as someone knocked. We decorated gingerbread man sugar cookies, put together/decorated little gingerbread house foam crafts and had lunch. I tried to be all cute with lunch and made gingerbread boy shaped sandwiches, bagels wreaths (with green cream cheese), red and green apple slices and snowflake shaped Ritz. Ah, the life of a stay-at-home mom, coming up with goofy, themed food! It was really fun though and it was a good excuse to clean my house. I've been kind of lazy with Chris being gone so much, cause who's going to see it? So this was a good reason to get my butt in gear. I wasn't on top of thing enough to take any pictures though, too bad. Luckily it was a really nice day, so the kids were able to play outside. For those of you caught in the dead of winter- HAHA, it was 85 degrees earlier this week! I love Texas!
It was a really good day till everyone left and then Ellie turned into a beast. I tried to make her take a nap, but NO. She was in and out of her room, playing around, screaming when I told her to go back. And then... the same thing at night, what a stinker!
Today we just played run-around. My friend Janet and I were switching, dropping off and picking up each others kids all day! We even ran into each other at the doctors office while I was babysitting her kid :) (She was helping take the quints to their 4 month checkup, 4 months right?). Too funny!
4 comments:
Thank you so much for hosting the party! my kids had a blast! Your house is beautiful and I can't imagine it ever being a mess! You did great!
We had lots of fun! Evka wanted to go back to play the rest of the day! She as well did not take a nap UGH!!!! Oh well they are getting big, so they thinkg!
Thanks so much for hosting the party. The girls both had so much fun- and I am sure at the end you were wishing why you had cleaned the house!!
ya it was their 4-month checkup! everyone was totally confused when austin came running out of the dr office... :) sad i missed the playgroup christmas party... sounds fun... especially the food... i can't believe you are already leaving for dw this friday!!! this month is going by way too fast!
Post a Comment