I know, it's been way too long since I posted. First of all Thanksgiving was fabulous! We had tons of people, a couple extra dogs and way too much food. Chris's brothers came in from Dallas and Salt Lake and then his sisters live here, so we had lots of family around. The kids loved every minute of it. Whenever someone would leave for a while they'd get all bummed out and ask where they went. And heaven forbid, the few times it was just us they thought life was over since there were no guests around! The food was great. After we finished I looked at the table and we had hardly made a dent in any of the food! Chris's smoked turkey was amazing. Easily the best turkey I've had. He says we will never over roast a turkey again. All in all it was quite a success.
This weekend Chris took Caleb out to Utah to visit Grandpa Corbett. Caleb was so excited. every day for a week he was telling people how many days till he went to Utah. He was more than happy to do anything I asked, packing his suitcase, cleaning up his room beofre he left, etc. Too bad he's not that willing all the time! So Ellie and I have had a nice relaxing girls weekend. On Friday we had a movie afternoon and watched Stuart Little (well I actuall slept on the couch while she watched). Then last night we went to hang with the aunts, out to dinner and watched a movie. Ellie was excited, she got to sleep in her cousins big bed and fall asleep watching Shrek, now that's the life! This morning the kids had their last soccer games in the rain. I couldn't believe they didn't cancel it, that's hard-core, I mean really, they're 3! But it turned out fine, We picked up Caleb's pictures and medal for him since he isn't around and then Ellie played in her game. By the last quarter every kid was so over it! They were slowing down and getting easily distracted, but they finished and got their medals and cupcakes, yeah. I'm kind of glad it's over I'm ready for a soccer break.
Now Ellie and I are headed off to our church Christmas party, kind of funny huh? It's only December 1st. But hey, better to spread out the fun, right!
2 comments:
wow, I can't believe your ward party is dec 1st. Ours is the 15th or 16th (I can't remember) and I know the activites committee hasn't planned anything yet. that's crazy that you're still doing soccer into december. must be texas :)
Yeah! I have missed you! What a fun time! That is so fun that the boys are together and the girls are together! Fun times!
Post a Comment