Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Birthday

So this year for the first and last time in my life my birthday fell on Easter! How fun! We had a great time. Because church was early we didn't do much celebrating in the morning, chris helped get the kids ready for church and offered to make breakfast for me, but I told him he could just fix breakfast for the kids and that would be the best! Then I ate a leftover cupcake on my way out the door, hey it was my birthday! Church was good, I got to teach Ellie's class, they were so cute. She was telling every one that her mom was the teacher and was obviously very excited. I made them Easter cupcake and we did a little egg hunt in class where each egg had a picture the went along with part of the Easter story. After church we went over to my sis-in laws for dinner and festivities. We did an egg hunt for the kids, too funny. Caleb would see an egg across the yard and he'd just run to it screaming until he got there! Literally, I don't think the kids ate anything except candy and treats all day. I told Chris to give them eggs for breakfast so at least I knew they got one thing that wasn't sugar. Then Chris got me a yummy ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. As many of you know I worked there all through high school and I LOVE ice cream, so that was a real treat! All in all it was a great birthday! Sorry, no pictures, I forgot my camera, dang it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my BR buddy! Loved to hear about your no-stress day. That's the way to celebrate.

esherman10 said...

Sounds like a nice day...glad you had a good birthday.

Janet said...

i didn't know you worked at br all though hs! 3 of my sister's did the same thing... i didn't get the chance! happy b-day again!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a few days late!) I actually did look at the calendar on Easter and remembered that it was your birthday. I'm glad you had a cupcake for breakfast...yum! I've been looking at your recipe blog, too. I've yet to try any of the recipes, but I hope to soon...they all look so yummy!

Monson Family said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun day! So much celebrating!! I need to try some of you recipes. They look delicious!!!

Lyndsee Bates said...

Happy late birthday!! Baskin Robbins is my FAVORITE Ice Cream shop, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is the best!!! Love it. Glad to hear you one to eat a cupcake on the way out the door too... YEAH FOR BIRTHDAYS!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (Sorry it is a late greeting). Icecream cake sounds wonderful. Can you believe how old we are!!??? HaHa I am so proud of you! You have a wonderful home, beautiful children, and you are amazing cook, nurse, photographer! I am so proud! I love you Rachel, Happy Birthday!

Sarah Beck said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I think all my kids ate was candy too (that's what happens when you go to grandma's for Easter). Sounds like the Baskin Robbins cake was delish!