This year Chris decided that he wants to have a little vegetable garden. We've talked about doing it lots, but he finally took the initiative and got it started. We thought we'd try planting from seeds, so we did cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and big tomatoes. Most of our seeds made it and it's time to plant them outside. Caleb and Ellie were really cute with the seeds. Every day they'd check the little cups and get all excited that a plant was growing. Here are some pics from the transplanting on Saturday.

8 comments:
That is so much fun!!! It is that time of year!!!
That's one of our goals for this year, too...we'll see if it actually happens! It's still a bit too cold, but we'll hopefully get started in the next few weeks. Let me know if you have any good tips!
Oh I wanna start a garden so bad too!
We're the opposite...we've had a garden ever since we moved into our house, but this year we want to cover it up with grass or something. :) Not that I don't WANT to have a garden...I just don't like putting in the time to take care of it. Plus, last year Zac ended up picking all of the "balls" (tomatoes) and throwing them. Good luck...I hope yours works out well!
I think were going to try our hand at a little gardening this year too. Chloe is DYING to take out the front bush (that is dying anyways) and plant flowers. That might just have to be our project this year. FUN stuff! Let me know how yours turns out!
oh i love vegetable gardens... i want to taste some of your tomatoes! YUM!
warm enough for shorts and bare feet... someday perhaps, someday
I won't be at the stage of planting outdoors for at least two months! We are just thinking about planting our seeds indoors in a few weeks. What varieties of big tomato seeds did you use?
Post a Comment