I've been lovin' it! It's like summer time. We (well, I) have been sleeping in, taking my time to get to the gym, playing with friends. It's been a nice break from the normal everyday routine. All I need to do is go to the pool and bust out the DDR and it will be a repeat of last summer! Too bad the pool's not open yet, but maybe Caleb and I will have a DDR dance competition this afternoon!
Not a whole lot of exciting stuff going on, or any pictures, sorry. I'm still baking like a madwoman. Earlier this week I made banana muffins and bluebarry muffins with streusel topping for some new neighbors. They were both yummy, but I'll tell you what was really good. Well, I have been wanting to try a new chocolate frosting recipe (super rich, yum) so I made that and sliced the last banana muffin in half and put a layer of this yummy frosting in the middle, it was to DIE for! I might have to make some more frosting to have with the loaf of banana bread I stuck in the freezer for Saturday breakfast! Some breakfast, huh? Chocolate coated banana bread :)
We had a few friends over the other day to play and make some mini-pizzas for lunch, that was really fun. I love having people over, I don't know why I don't do it more often.
Hmm, other news??
Yesterday I donated plasma for the first time. I know what you're thinking, no we're not broke! My friend Shelia does it and the way she puts it, hey a little extra cash, for sitting there for an hour reading a book while someone else watches your kids, not half bad. And really as long as blood doesn't gross you out it kind of a sweet deal! I must be starved for some alone time if I'm willing to let someone pump my blood out and back in, just so I can read a book for an hour :)!!!!
That's about it from the home front, Catcha later!
5 comments:
So how much did they pay you to do that donation? I am so scared of donating blood that my goal in life is to stay under the minimum weight needed to do so. But I am sure that can be easily chagnes with the new chocolate frosting, which I will need to find something to try it on. Saturday morning banana muffins?
I tried to donate plasma once at BYU...they told me I didn't have big enough veins. Rude, huh? Can I come over Saturday morning for breakfast?
No unnecessary needles for me, thank you! I haven't talked to you in forever...how are you? I see you started the recipe blog! I'll have to check it out! I miss you!
Ha Ha! I am starting the plasma thing on monday! I see it the same! they'll watch my kids!?! Sweet! Where do I sign! We had so much fun making pizza! That you SO much for doing that! We loved it! All your baking sounds amazing! YUMMMMMY!
Plasma!!! Rachel Jensen have you lost your ever lovin mind??!!! I feel a little faint just thinking about it. I tried once at BYU, and freaked out. I ran out of the building before they called my name. Well anyway, I am proud of you for being so brave. I will have to check out your cooking block. Jeff gets tired of mexican food. Loves, allie
Post a Comment