Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Finally back to a routine

I feel like it has been forever since we were on our normal routine. I went to the gym yesterday for the forst time since mid-December! Ellie started Funschool again today, so I'm getting back into the drop off/pick-up routine as well. I'm glad though, routine is nice.

I'm happy to say I'm also more or less healed from that nasty virus I've been fighting since the day after Christmas! That was so crappy. My sister was here visiting, I'm sure she had loads of fun (note the sarcasm). First I drag her all over town getting Christmas shopping done, then after a couple fun days I get sick and we couldn't really do anything fun. So, sorry Carrie!

After all the over-indulgance of Disney World and Christmas we had a tough time with the kids, but luckilut Chris was here to whip them into shaped again. He is so good at consistent discipline. I just get too tired of it and I let things slide and it totally shows. We had to write out a chart for them showing whe meal and snack times were because they were getting so out of control asking for snacks/food every 20 minutes. Seriously 15 minutes after we'd eat Ellie would be asking for an orange or something, I felt like I never left the kitchen! Now they have to go look at the chart and the clock and figure out if they can eat or not. It seems to be working much better and they are actually eating their meals, everything, even stuff they would normally turn down, now they're eating it, woo-hoo!

On another note, I decided that this semester I'm going to tackle College Algebra! I haven't taken math since I was a junior in high school, what's that 10 years? I'm a little nervous! Chris promises me that it will come back really quick and that he'll help me, so.... I'll let you know how it goes!

And here are a few more pictures that I found among the Christmas stuff that I just had to share. Props to Carrie, she took all the pictures at Christmas with her new camera.
I love this one, I don't know exactly why. That's my girl!


Love the dramatic lighting in this one.

I'm not sure what kind of a game this was, but it looks fun!





4 comments:

Monson Family said...

So much fun and totally cute pictures! I love the lighting on that one too! Also I LOVE the pouty face one of Ellie! Too cute! Doesn't it express Christmas perfectly!?! Holding a toy and pouting! Fun

Lyndsee Bates said...

Good luck with the college Algebra! I love math but I can't imagine going back to school now! I love all the photos, Ellie looks so much like you with the purple hat, she is so cute!

Sarah Beck said...

I totally hear you on the being tired of the whining and slacking on the discipline thing! That is always tough for me, and my kids know it too. Man, I feel for you on the college algebra thing. I don't think I remember a thing about math (except how to balance a check book)

Heather Guymon said...

So fun Rachel! Hannah has many of those pouty face pictures for us to look back on and laugh at. I love that her personality is so strong. I really do feel like they have to be strong nowadays but it is just fine tuning that head strongness that is the hard part. Hannah can be quite sassy to me and that is no fun! LOL