Sunday, April 11, 2010

Eleisha's visit, part 1 - St. Kilda

I was so lucky to have first visitor to Australia a couple weeks ago. One of my best friends from college came (her husband surprised her for her birthday). It came at the just the right time, I was just starting to feel a little homesick and missing all my favorite people, so it was great to have one of my favorites come visit!
At one point we were talking about how people spend their vacations, Eleisha said "Some people like to sleep, some people like to eat, I like to do stuff." And that's what we did! Lots of stuff!
Eleisha arrived Friday morning, although by that point I think she was probably really confused as to what time/day it was.
On Saturday we celebrated Caleb's 7th birthday! Where does time go! We did a combo Luna Park / St. Kilda Beach trip. The amusement park is right on the beach so Eleisha and I left the kids with Chris for a while and checked out the pier.

Too bad it was a chilly day, but it IS autumn here. Eleisha's first taste of the Australian beach was cold and full of jellyfish :) For some reason that beach always has lots of dead jellies along the sand, gross.

On the pier there's an historic building that actually burned down a few years ago, but they rebuilt it to look just the same. Now it a cafe where we stopped to get some sandwiches and hot "chips".

At the end of the pier there's a breakwater where a few of the fairy penguins live. You can apparently see them at sundown, but we were going to Phillip Island the next day, so we didn't wait to see them.

So that was Saturday at St. Kilda. I'll just break these up into multiple posts for easier reading.

3 comments:

Heather Guymon said...

I want to come see you!!!

Halli Matheny said...

How fun to have a visitor! Can I come?

Anonymous said...

SO much fun! I really like the bottom picture of you guys. I am lovin your hair!