But we did have a lot of fron running away from the waves.
I love this picture of Caleb
Next we headed over to the Koala Conservation Park. Beware, there are some really cute pictures coming up.
In case you didn't know, koalas sleep for 18-20 hours a day, what a life!
So we were always really excited to catch them awake!
Don't you just want to keep one?
We also saw a bunch of little wallabies.
We told Ellie that she could have one if she could catch it. She took this very seriously and would sneak up on the so carefully. Needless to say she was pretty upset when we left before she had caught one.
After lunch we went to a cliff formation called The Nobbies, supposedly you can see fur seals on the island out there, but not the day we were there. There were some spectacular views though.
One of our main reasons for coming to Phillip Island was to see the penguins. There is a beach on Phillip Island that every night at sundown has hundreds of Fairy Penguins that come onto the shore and head to their burrows for the night. The penguins are tiny, only 16 inches tall. You aren't allowed to take pictures because it's dark and apparently a flash will make them throw up, weird. So here is a picture of a few of the same type of penguins that we saw at the Nobbies lookout.
It was a long, but really fun day. I think the Koalas were my favorite part, but those little penguins waddling down the beach were pretty cute too.









4 comments:
It looks like you had lots of fun when Eleisha was in town. Can't wait to see what other things you did.
Well, you've got me beat...I guess I'd better get my first post done tomorrow before I get WAY too behind! All those pictures to sort through just takes time...
I still can't get over your red hair! I love it! I really am excited to see EVERYTHING you guys did...I guess I have to live vicariously through Eleisha's trip! It's so beautiful there! And the animals are so cool! Too bad I will have a dang newborn baby for my 30th birthday...Joe has a lot to live up to! :)
My brother LOVES penguins. I am so showing him this picture. SO cute!
Post a Comment